Your job at the Grand Casino Bern
Insights into the world of casino games
The Grand Casino Bern is a place where dreams come true – and not just for our guests. It is a place combining thrills and adventure. As one of our employees, you too can immerse yourself in the fascinating world of games each day here. Are you ready for a challenging and interesting job?
In order to offer our 280,000 annual guests the ultimate in gaming, fun and entertainment as well as first-class service, we employ around 180 people in different departments.
What we represent
The Grand Casino Bern strongly values diversity among its employees in terms of age, gender and nationality. Equality is one our highest priorities, as this is how we can all create an appreciative, tolerant and team-oriented working culture.
Having different perspectives allows us to learn from one another and place our trust in each other. By using the informal “Du” with one another, we maintain open and direct communication. When talking to our customers, partners or applicants, we use the formal “Sie”.
The “we” principles of our staffing policy:
- We are certain that our employees are the key to our success.
- We strongly value motivated employees who work as a team and put our customers first.
- We communicate actively and transparently with our employees.
- We are an attractive employer with market-appropriate employment conditions.
- We let our employees share in the success of our company.
- We support and challenge our employees in regular qualification discussions.
- We offer individual development options to our employees in the form of internal and external further-training programmes.
- We evaluate and ensure employee satisfaction using regular surveys.
- We offer our employees discounts on our services and co-fund health-promoting activities.
- We support a wide variety of communal activities to foster collaboration and team spirit.
What we offer
- 42 hours a week at 100%
- Five weeks’ holiday (increasing to six from age 50)
- Varied and interesting work
- Shift rotas are provided four to six weeks in advance
- Paid breaks (excluding office staff)
- Internal staff restaurant with a range of balanced, freshly prepared dishes
- Service awards starting from the fifth year of service
- Birthday gift
- Annual subsidy towards gym or spa memberships
- Subsidy towards parking fees for shift workers
- Subsidised expenses for late end of shift
Our salary concept conforms with the standard market wages. Salary calculations take account of individual aspects such as the respective employee’s professional qualifications, life and work experience as well as their work performance.
We train our employees in line with our internal training and skill-development concept. This stipulates obligatory training in the areas of social responsibility policy, anti-money laundering legislation, ISMS and data protection. Our employees also benefit from further-training programmes in the areas of staff management, customer service, first aid, fire safety and languages.
As an employer, the further professional and personal development of our employees is important to us. This is why the Grand Casino Bern also wishes to support staff with individual further-training programmes after their first year of employment.
Internal croupier training
To promote our own junior staff members, we organise training programmes for part-time or full-time croupiers at least once a year.
Interested people from all sectors and departments can change career and train as a croupier. In this profession, you will need a head for numbers as well as dexterity. Following a six-week introduction, you will already independently oversee the games of American roulette, blackjack, Texas Hold ’Em No Limit and Ultimate Texas Hold ’Em.
The part-time option is a popular and exciting side job that can be combined with studying, for example. After a two-week intensive course, you will already be enchanting our guests with your new skills.
To ensure you don’t miss any vacancy notices, you can send us your application at any time. If you have any questions regarding croupier training, please contact [email protected] – we will be happy to get in touch with you.
Thank you for your interest in working for our company. Please observe the following points regarding our recruitment process.
1. Your application documents
To help us gain as comprehensive an impression of you as possible, please send us a complete application dossier (covering letter, CV with headshot, letters of reference and academic certificates). You can upload your documents using our application tool.
2. Dossier selection
We give all applicants an equal opportunity. We check every application we receive and compare it to our job specification. We then discuss the application with the respective line manager and contact you two weeks after receiving your dossier.
3. Face-to-face interview
During your interview, we want to find out as much as possible about you. We would therefore be grateful if you could inform yourself in advance about our company and think about why you are the ideal candidate for the role. During this face-to-face interview, you will also have the opportunity to ask us questions. At the end, we will discuss the next steps.
In most instances, the interview will be conducted by the future line manager and an expert from HR.
4. Starting work at the casino
On your orientation day and first working days, you will learn important information about the company and your role. We will actively support you during the entire orientation phase.
Applications from abroad
The Grand Casino Bern pays attention to equality among its staff, regardless of gender, age or nationality. We employ people from over 30 different nations. This diversity is how we can all create a strong, tolerant and team-oriented working culture.
We therefore welcome applications from abroad. The following links provide a summary of the key points: Working in Switzerland as a foreign national
Moving to Switzerland
Here you can find all the important information on moving to Switzerland.
We look forward to your online application via our application tool and wish you every success! If you have any questions, please contact our HR department ([email protected]).